About IPRA -
Why Hire An IPRA Member
Wednesday, 11 March 2009 21:35
Here are just six of the reasons that hundreds of organizations have found the benefits in hiring IPRA members:
RESULTS. Time after time, IPRA clients say that independent practitioners provide excellent results without the unnecessary expense of adding more office space or hiring extra staff.
PARTNER-LEVEL EXPERIENCE: With the majority of it’s members offering an average of 30 years of experience, IPRA members offer partner-level PR strategic counsel in a wide variety of subject areas and have backgrounds in a wide variety of industries. Combined, we provide more than 60 different types of services. Here are the top services provided by IPRA members:
SERVICE. Independent PR professionals often deliver a much higher degree of customized service than larger agencies. When you work with an IPRA member, the person you hire is the person you work with – no handing off clients to junior PR people or having to train new account executives constantly as account executives are promoted or move on to other organizations.
- 85% of IPRA members provide media relations services
- 69% provide strategic planning and implementation
- 46% work with associations and nonprofits
- 38% provide internal communications services
- 30% are involved with public affairs and issues management PR services.
COMMITMENT. IPRA members are committed to their businesses.
- The majority has owned/operated their practice for 8 or more years.
- Close to 100% of IPRA members were profitable in 2008
- More than 50% earned more than $75,000; 20% earned more than $200,000.
- 66% have obtained the industry APR designation
- 34% of IPRA members have Masters’ degrees
FLEXIBILITY: IPRA members offer maximum flexibility:
On service, partner-level professionals with proven experience across 36 different sectors and industries personally handle every client project, from conception to completion. Whatever the service need or industry expertise, there’s an IPRA member with the right credentials.
COST EFFECTIVENESS. Typically, independent practitioners have much lower overhead than PR agencies--no downtown office space, overhead staff, benefits (vacation, health/life insurance, pensions), or employees assigned to the account that don’t bring any valuable expertise to the table. We pass those saving on to clients making our services very cost-effective.
Hire a PR Professional Now