Wednesday, 11 March 2009 21:56
Membership in IPRA is open to members in good standing with the Public Relations Society of America--National Capital Chapter who are sole PR practitioners or own/operate a firm having three or less employees.
Through IPRA, our members expand their business development opportunities, increase their marketability and competitiveness, participate in buying co-ops, and share ideas and information with colleagues.
IPRA member benefits include opportunities to:
- Post a profile on our website allowing clients to find (and hire) you
- Obtain discounts to IPRA monthly professional development lunches and other event
- Connect with colleagues through IPRA’s listserv to exchange information and seek/give advice
- Join IPRA’s buying co-op to purchase services that position you more competitively
- Form alliances with other IPRA members to create project teaming groups
- Access to biannual IPRA survey results providing confidential industry information (fees, years in PR, etc.)
- Obtain discounts from IPRA Partners
- Access to contract templates (photo release, client and subcontractor, confidentiality, and “work for hire” agreements)
- Educate the public about IPRA and the benefits of the independent model through media relations, event sponsorship, and direct mail outreach
- Obtain vendor references and recommendations
- Meet potential clients at IPRA events